These triple-layer brownie bars are absolutely divine! It begins with a crunchy, salty pretzel base. Next comes a buttery sugar cookie filling infused with heath bar bits. Finally, an indulgent fudge brownie tops the bar off. The combination of textures and flavors makes for a unique dessert that is perfect for any chocolate lover.
I recently made this for a friend’s birthday, and she loved them. It is easy to make because it uses mixes, but feel free to make it completely from scratch as well! Here is the recipe, adapted from Baby Gizmo Blog.
- 2 1/2 cups crushed butter pretzels (I recommend Snyder’s Butter Snaps, although any pretzel will do)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 5 tbsp sugar
- Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix including all the ingredients recipe calls for, or equivalent sugar cookie batter
- 1 cup Heath bits
- Brownie Mix for a 13×9 pan, including all the ingredients the recipe calls for
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush the pretzels using a food processor. Take care to leave chunks of pretzel, rather than processing them to dust, so that the crust will have a crunchy texture.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, and mix with the pretzel crumbs and sugar. Press the crust into a greased 13×9 pan, and set aside.
- Make the sugar cookie according to the package, and then add the Heath bits. Mix well. Next, pat the dough onto the pretzel crust so that it makes an even layer.
- Finally, make the brownie mix according to package and pour evenly over the sugar cookie layer.
- Bake the bars for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bars cool, and enjoy!